Monday, April 2, 2018

Monday Mailbox

A late birthday present and some gifties from a friend kept my mailbox hopping. This past week's mailbox arrivals:

The Memory Shop by Ella Griffin came from me as a birthday present to myself.

I am fascinated by the increasing number of books that can be described as life-affirming and uplifting and this one about a woman who, upon inheriting her grandmother's possessions and finding herself unable to keep them, opens a store to find the perfect new owners for each piece looks to be a perfect example of its kind.

The Muse by Jessie Burton came from a friend for an Easter bookswap.

I can barely paint a wobbly line but I do enjoy books set in the art world so this one about a newly discovered painting and its possible painter should be a really good one.

The Good People by Hannah Kent came from a friend for an Easter bookswap.

I thoroughly enjoyed Kent's first, dark novel so I am really looking forward to this one about Irish folklore and mythology and the very real way they threaten the life a small boy.

Reservoir 13 by Jon McGregor came from a friend for an Easter bookswap.

I can read darker books as we head into longer days so this one about the hunt for a missing girl and then the way that life must go on after tragedy will be on my summer reading list. That it is by a highly lauded author doesn't hurt its appeal either.

If you want to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts