Monday, April 10, 2017

Monday Mailbox

I rewarded myself with a bunch of new books this week. Must learn to control these impulses! This past week's mailbox arrivals:

Greenery Street by Denis Mackail came from me to me. :-)

I just learned that Mackail is Angela Thirkell's brother and I do so like her writing but this novel about newly weds trying to learn to economize would have appealed even without the family connection.

The Library at the Edge of the World by Felicity Hayes-McCoy came from me to me. :-)

A light novel about a mobile library van driver in rural Ireland, how could this not be delightful?

A Thatched Roof by Beverley Nichols came from me to me. :-)

Have I mentioned yet how much I love Beverley Nichols? ;-) This is the second in the Allways trilogy and I do adore his snarky his gardening trilogies.

If you want to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts