Monday, October 31, 2016

Monday Mailbox

This past week's mailbox arrivals:

Only Love Can Break Your Heart by Ed Tarkington came from Algonquin Paperbacks.

Centered on a boy who once hero worshiped his older brother who has since disappeared, this small town Southern novel with a murder mystery both makes me nervous and intrigues me in equal measure.

Victoria by Daisy Goodwin came from St. Martin's Press.

I really enjoyed both The American Heiress and The Fortune Hunter by Goodwin so this one about Queen Victoria looks like it will be amazing.

Flight Path by Hannah Palmer came from Hub City Press.

This memoir written by a woman who finds that her three childhood homes have all been razed to make room for Atlanta's Hartsfield airport expansions over the years sounds completely intriguing, especially to someone whose childhood houses might still be standing but are so scattered across the country that ever visiting that piece of my history is unlikely. I can't wait to dive into this one.

If you want to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts