Monday, February 11, 2013

Monday Mailbox

Another pair of wonderful looking books! This past week's mailbox arrivals:

A Place for Us by Liza Gyllenhaal came from NAL.

Don't you just want to climb into one of the chairs on the cover of this one? As enticing as it looks though, this novel about what happens in a small town when one family is accused of responsibility in a terrible scandal means those chairs may not be as welcoming as they look. But the novel itself promises to deliver a gripping read and that's better than imagining myself in those chairs.

Temple of a Thousand Faces by John Shors came from NAL.

Angkor Wat fascinates me and I've read and enjoyed other books by Shors so this historical saga set around this famed temple looks amazing.

If you'd like to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Unabridged Chick as she is hosting this month's Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

8 comments:

  1. I've seen A Place for Us on several blogs today. Enjoy both your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Place for Us sounds like every parent's (of teens) nightmare! Great book cover though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got A Place For Us too. I hope we both love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great covers, they both sound really good.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/02/mailbox-monday_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to your thoughts on Temple of A Thousand Faces.

    ENJOY them all.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Temple of a Thousand Faces was really good. I hope you like it.

    Kathy *momwithabook.com*

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts