Monday, June 25, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

This past week was a busy one as I tried to simultaneously get ready to go on vacation, packed and traveled to my daughter's dance Nationals in the opposite direction of our upcoming vacation, and came home to the sort of mess that only two sons and a husband can make. But I figure the more books I read and review prior to leaving at the end of this week, the fewer I have to take with me to deal with on vacation so... This meme is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

Books I completed this past week are:

Calling Invisible Women by Jeanne Ray
A Night Like This by Julia Quinn
The Orchardist by Amanda Coplin

Bookmarks are still living in the middle of:

Let the Great World Spin by Colm McCann
Triangles by Ellen Hopkins

Reviews posted this week:

Alice Bliss by Laura Harrington
We Only Know So Much by Elizabeth Crane
The Art of Hearing of Heartbeats by Jan-Philipp Sendker
A Night Like This by Julia Quinn
The American Heiress by Daisy Goodwin
In Hovering Flight by Joyce Hinnefeld

Books still needing to have reviews written (as opposed to the ones that are simply awaiting posting):

The Flight of Gemma Hardy by Margot Livesey
The Girl in the Garden by Kamala Nair
Calling Invisible Women by Jeanne Ray
The Orchardist by Amanda Coplin

5 comments:

  1. I'd like to see your review of the Nair book. I've heard of the author and not read anything by her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curious about The Orchardist. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristen! I read Let the Great World Spin two summers ago while in Ireland. I found the beginning to be slow but it did pick up for me. Hope you enjoy it!
    Rebecca @ The Key to the Gate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the last few weeks of June is always busy especially if you have kids. I haven't read any of the books you did. Enjoy your upcoming vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, can't wait to hear what you think of Triangles. We just got that in at my library and I've been looking at it :) What are YOU reading @ The Brunette Librarian??

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts