Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday Mailbox

A couple of surprises and a couple of books I had forgotten were headed this way made up my mailbox this week. This past week's mailbox arrivals:

Just My Type by Simon Garfield came from Gotham Books thanks to Lisa at TLC Book Tours.
I can't be the only person who reads all the typeface information at the back of published books, right? I am just the sort of geek to whom this kind of stuff appeals and so this book should be perfect for me.

Stiltsville by Susanna Daniel came from Harper Perennial thanks to Trish at TLC Book Tours.
A lovely sounding love story set among homes built on stilts in Miami's Biscayne Bay, just the idea of the houses themselves attracts me. The story of the marriage is an added bonus.

A Good Hard Look by Ann Napolitano came from The Penguin Press thanks to Trish at TLC Book Tours.
I first read Flannery O'Connor in high school (Wise Blood) so this fictionalization of grabbed my attention.

The Gap Year by Sarah Bird came from Knopf thanks to Lisa at TLC Book Tours.
Mothers, daughters, the ever entertaining Sarah Bird, does it get any better?

Stay by Allie Larkin came from Plume.
With that adorable dog on the cover, how could the book not call to me? And the plot sounds fun and charming too.

As always, if you'd like to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit The Bluestocking Guide as she is hosting this month's Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

5 comments:

  1. I read the blurbs about the fonts, too. :) Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice bunch of books! I really enjoyed STILTSVILLE when I read it last year. I still think about those characters. I also received THE GAP YEAR. Sarah Bird is a favorite of mine and I'm excited about a new book from her. Have a good time with your new treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I adored Stay - very well written, fun women's lit. Enjoy your books - they all look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read a review for Stiltsville last week and I think it sounds like a good read. I hope you enjoy all your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stiltsville was one of my favorite reads from 2010, so I think you're in for a treat! I'll reading A Good Hard Look soon too and am looking forward to that one. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts