Monday, December 13, 2010

Monday Mailbox

One lone book this week but as I'm still behind, that was okay. Still the book that did make it was a welcome sight. This past week's mailbox arrival:

The Crimson Rooms by Katharine McMahon came from Alexandra at Berkley.
A woman shows up on the Gifford family's doorstep claiming her small son is the son of Evelyn's soldier brother who died years prior in WWI. In trying to support the whole family, including the new arrivals, Evelyn, a female lawyer, comes across a case that seems hopeless but that she can't turn down. This one borders on out of my comfort level but is terribly intriguing nonetheless.

As always, if you'd like to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Lady Q of Let Them Read Books as she is hosting this month's Mailbox Monday and Kristi at The Story Siren who hosts In My Mailbox and enjoy seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

3 comments:

  1. I received for review The Job by Craig Davis from the author.

    Joe B. enjoys the sweet life as a vice president at a huge conglomerate, Universal Whirligig. But along with the Big Boss' favor, he has also gained the notice of a bitter human resources manager, Luci Fernandez. Hateful of any success but her own, Luci manages to get him demoted to the mail room! A rollicking comedy of errors follows as Joe B. tries to figure out what's happened to him, and attempts to get a meeting with the Big Boss. Joe B.'s great expectations have taken a dickens of a twist. His family is forced to make a series of hard adjustments, and he gets only lame comforts from a string of the worst friends anyone could have. Will he finally track down the cause of his frustrations? Or will he only learn a lesson about what it is to be the boss, and that what is apparent is often only a shadow of a greater ongoing good? "The Job: Based on a True Story (I Mean, This is Bound to Have Happened Somewhere) is a modern parable of ancient troubles and truths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this book looks very good. I am adding it to my wish list. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it sounds great! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts