Monday, October 18, 2010

Fall Into Reading Challenge

I'm almost a month late joining in on the Fall Into Reading Challenge at Callapidder Days but when I realized I hadn't yet signed up for it, I scrambled to do so. The seasonal challenges are always high on my list since they serve to try and motivate me to finally finish the books that have been lurking around unfinished, often for months. The past few seasonal challenges have not been terribly successful for me but I am determined to actually get through the books on the list this time. As always, the only books on the list are those that are currently unfinished as I am typing this post. This fall that gives me a very short list of two quite long books:

1. Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
2. Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens

And yes, the latter book has been on the past few seasonal lists and never has been finished. Here's hoping that this season will be the one to get me through it!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like good reading plans! I always get a strange, jealous feeling when someone is reading something by Dickens, as though I don't have the freedom to do so myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good, do-able list!

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts