Monday, March 22, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading This Week?

I didn't get much read and even fewer reviewed this past week. I think I'm still adjusting to the crazy pace of spring. This meme is hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books.

Books I completed this week are:

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson
Not Quite Paradise by Adele Barker
Understood Betsy by Dorothy Canfield Fisher

Bookmarks are still living in the middle of:

The Far Pavilions by M.M. Kaye
Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens
Great Lakes Nature by Mary Blocksma (this is going to take me all year as I read her year's entries on the corresponding days of this year)
Into the Tangle of Friendship by Beth Kephart
One Vacant Chair by Joe Coomer
Venetia Kelly's Traveling Show by Frank Delaney
Solar by Ian McEwan

Reviews posted this week:

The Writing on My Forehead by Nafisa Haji
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson

Books still needing to have reviews written (as opposed to the ones that are simply awaiting posting):

Seeing Stars by Diane Hammond
Not Quite Paradise by Adele Barker
Understood Betsy by Dorothy Canfield Fisher

9 comments:

  1. Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was a rough read for me as well - I felt as if the book didn't really get started until about 200 pages in.

    That said - I loved the character of Lisbeth. She was a fascinating character and carried the book for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't care for Dragon Tattoo either, but I did go ahead and read the second one when one of my online book groups chose it. I liked the second a lot more, but it's definitely not for the nightmare-prone! ;-) Enjoy your books!

    Here are my books for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some good books on your list. I'm looking forward to what you think of Solar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a pretty good reading week! I see you have a Beth Kephart book coming up. I really like her writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard some mixed reviews about The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I'm going to check out what you thought of it. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you have some interesting books that you're reading! I've heard mixed reviews about the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and read that they made a movie in Sweden (?) about it that was very heavy. I saw you run, that's so great! I do too - my blog is a mixture of running and reading, you should check it out! :)

    Have a great week!
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am interested in your thoughts on Not Quite Paradise. That one is on my TBR list-my parents are from Sri Lanka so I am curious about what the author has to say about her time there.

    The Far Pavilions and The Writing on My Forehead also look good. I hope you enjoy your reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read Steig Larsson's book is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!!

    You had a great reading week. Sorry that you didn't love Dragon Tattoo

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts