Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Give Me Moore Reading Challenge

I know. I don't even like vampire books. If seeing a review for Twilight on this blog didn't send you into terminal shock, me joining a vampire book reading challenge probably will. But those of you who read me carefully (and really, why haven't you anything better to do with yourselves?!) know that I love Christopher Moore's writing. And if you read me microscopically carefully, you'll already know that I did once declare that his vampire books were the only ones I'd be happy to read. Besides, I like throwing you all for a loop sometimes. And so I am cheerfully jumping into the Give Me Moore Reading Challenge at the Unread Reader. Even more surprisingly, I have already read and chuckled my way through Bloodsucking Fiends so I only have two books in the trilogy to tackle for this one: You Suck and Bite Me (which sounds shockingly like the sniping conversations I overhear between my oldest children these days).

The official rules are:

There are three books in the series, Bloodsucking Fiends, You Suck, and Bite Me. If you’ve already started this series, you can still participate in the challenge. You can either start all over again as a refresher or just start where you left off.

• Anyone can join at anytime between now until the week before the challenge ends. You don’t need a blog to participate. If you don’t have a blog, you can post your comments or reviews in the comment section of the wrap-up post.

• Any book format is acceptable, including audio books.


The challenge runs March 23rd to June 23 so everyone has a full three months to savor Moore's wicked humor. (And when you're done with the vampire books, make sure to read his other stuff as well since I love it even more than I loved Bloodsucking Fiends--it's that vampire thing for me again, ya know.)

3 comments:

  1. oh dear god, what have I done? I didn't realize showing you that new list of Challenges was going to feed your habit. I am such an enabler! My bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have one book left in this series and it is the newest one. I'm so glad that you enjoy Moore's books. I just love them. I recently picked up Fool from the library because it appeals to my love of shakespeare and moore's humor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! Not a fan of vampire books! Then I can't wait to hear what you think of these books!!!

    Welcome to the challenge. So glad to have you on board.

    And thank you so much for this post!

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts