Sunday, March 14, 2010

French Historicals Oh-La-La Challenge

I had already planned to finally tackle Sandra Gulland's Josephine trilogy when I came across Enchanted by Josephine's French Historicals Oh-La-La Challenge so I can happily add this challenge to the notches on my bedpost (although said bedpost is starting to look like a beaver's teething toy with my inability to pass by any challenge). I also want to count some French classics towards this one (I'm shooting for La Princesse level, not least because the princesses royal seem to manage to keep their heads while les reines lose theirs) but I'm waiting on official confirmation on whether or not that's allowable. In any case, here are the details as they stand:

The reading Challenge will run from January 1st to December 15th 2010.

***All you have to do is read any Historical Fiction or Non-fiction books based on French history or French historical figures. Books can also overlap with other Challenges.

Reading Levels:

La Princesse: Read 3 books
La Dauphine: Read 6 books
La Reine: Read 9 books
L’Impératrice: More than 9 books


Here's what I'd like to read for this one:

1. The Many Lives and Secret Sorrows of Josephine B. by Sandra Gulland
2. Nana by Emile Zola
3. The Vagabond by Colette

1 comment:

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts