Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday Mailbox



Since I was on vacation and had limited access to a computer, I didn't participate in this meme very consistently so this line-up is more than just one week's worth. It was absolutely wiggle-worthy to come home to the towers of books my husband had opened and piled around the kitchen for me. Almost makes the laundry piles and the drudgery of unpacking worth it. Click on the covers for more information on the books. Since there are so many, I'm not going to put my usual commentary about them here. All books were received from their respective publishers except for Literary Lust, which was a contest win from Martina at Virginie Says.

Perfection by Julie Metz.

Out Stealing Horses by Per Petterson

The Scenic Route by Binnie Kirshenbaum

Burnt Shadows by Kamila Shamsie

The Puzzle King by Betsy Carter

Literary Lust by Stella Hyde

The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood

The House on Fortune Street by Margot Livesey

The Mystery of the Third Lucretia by Susan Runholt

The Blue Star by Tony Earley

Friends Like These by Danny Wallace

However Tall the Mountain by Awista Ayub

While I'm Falling by Laura Moriarty

The Four Corners of the Sky by Michael Malone

Cost by Roxana Robinson

Appassionata by Eva Hoffman

The Unit by Ninni Holmqvist

The Secret Diaries of Charlotte Bronte by Syrie James

As always, if you'd like to check out the goodies that other people found in their mailboxes, check out The Printed Page where Marcia kindly hosts this meme every week.

11 comments:

  1. I'm too overcome with jealousy to say anything nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some really, really interesting books in there, and what lovely covers some of them had
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - there are some really great books there - like you I wouldn't mind coming home to that pile. Enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have several of these books, so I'm looking forward to your thoughts. Jealous about The Puzzle King. ;)

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a great variety! I'm waiting on Friends Like These so hopefully mine will come soon. Cost looks interesting too. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a great list! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you had a great week in books! I hope you enjoy reading all of them! :) I have to admit I am a lil jealous of Burnt Shadows. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stash of books you've got there! I've circled around Scenic Route a couple of times in Target and the book store but haven't even committed to purchasing it. I'll be interested to hear what you have to say about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a haul! I have Out Stealing Horses on my TBR shelves, and I really enjoyed The Unit. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really late getting around to checking out everyone's mailboxes this week! Holy cow! You got some great looking books this week, I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of all of them! My mailbox is here.

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts