Friday, July 10, 2009

First in a Series Challenge


And another challenge I blithely joined way back when without ever joining up officially. Obviously I am feeling the need to recitfy this omission for a few challenges today. The First in a Series Challenge is also hosted by J. Kaye of J. Kaye's Book Blog. She's going to be mighty tired of my solving the procrastination problem by the time I'm finished today but I love how easy going she is about all of this!

So here are the rules for this one:
1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.

2. Read 12 books that are the first in any series. You may read & list your chosen books any time during the year.

3. Challenge begins January thru December, 2009.

4. You can join anytime between now and December 31, 2009.

And because I am the list queen, I, of course, have a list and have already been reading from it.

1. The Alphabetical Hook-Up List A-J by Phoebe McPhee
2. Merry Hall by Beverley Nichols
3. Mates, Dates, and Inflatable Bras by Cathy Hopkins
4. Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery
5. Cordelia Underwood by Van Reid
6. 44 Scotland Street by Alexander McCall Smith
7. The Pig Did It by Joseph Caldwell
8. The Secret Diary of Anne Boleyn by Robin Maxwell
9. An Assembly Such As This by Pamela Aidan
10. The Virgin in the Garden by A.S. Byatt
12. Mr. Darcy’s Daughters by Elizabeth Aston
13. Cooking With Fernet-Branca by James Hamilton-Paterson

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the challenge! You rock with this list. I don't think I recognize one title. How cool is that!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I had scad loads more that would have, could have qualified for this challenge. I think I am the queen of buying the first in the series whenever a new series comes out. At least I've learned not to buy them all without dipping my toe in on the first one first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like we have the same taste in challenges, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this challenge would drive me crazy - I hate reading just the first of a series without reading all of them. I've been known to wait until the author dies before starting a series, to be sure there won't be any more coming out! But I admire your willingess to dive in and try new ones.

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts