Sunday, July 12, 2009

August Reading Challenge


Pizza's Book Discussion is hosting a reading challenge in August to see who can read the most books during the month. Interesting concept and since it requires no thought on my part as to which books to include, I figured I'd throw my hat in the ring. Given that I have a very long drive in front of me in August, I'm sure my book count will be fewer than normal but that's okay. There really don't seem to be rules per se so just go to the site and sign yourself up.

What I read in August will eventually be listed below:

1. Mermaids in the Basement by Michael Lee West
2. The Rogue and the Rival by Maya Rodale
3. The book of Unholy Mischief by Elle Newmark
4. Cornfield Heiress by E.
5. A Strong West Wind by Gail Caldwell
6. The House on Fortune Street by Margot Livesey
7. The Secret Diaries of Charlotte Bronte by Syrie James
8. Sand in My Bra edited by Jennifer Leo
9. The Scenic Route by Binnie Kirshenbaum
10. The Four Corners of the Sky by Michael Malone
11. Out Stealing Horses by Per Petterson
12. However Tall the Mountain by Awista Ayub
13. The Wedding by Julie Garwood
14. While I'm Falling Laura Moriarty
15. No Mad by Sam Moffie
16. East of the Mountains by David Guterson
17. Benny and Shrimp by Katarina Mazetti
18. The Unit by Ninni Holmqvist
19. That Summer by Sarah Dessen
20. As Sure As the Sun by Anna McPartlin
21. Cost by Roxana Robinson
22. My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler
23. A Guide to the Birds of East Africa by Nicholas Drayson

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! This seems like it will be a fun challenge. My fall semester starts next month so my count will be small also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright! You are joining this too. I think it's going to help in my 999 Reading Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting list, I've added a couple to my wish list

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts