Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Looking ahead to June

I read 17 books in May. This put a decent-sized dent in my determination list fior the month but left me with 9 books from that list to carry over into June. Given the original length of my June list as composed several months ago, this makes the list all but impossible to accomplish but as I've mentioned before, I do love making the lists so no matter how unwieldy it gets, I will continue to put it out there. ::grin:: So without further ado, here's my June determination list, a mere 28 books strong:

With Violets by Elizabeth Robards
The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon
Prague by Arthur Phillips
The Day My Butt Went Psycho by Andy Griffith
Instances of the Number Three by Salley Vickers
East of the Mountains by David Guterson
Divided Lives by Elsa Walsh
Polly by Freya North
The Golden Tulip by Rosalind Laker
Luncheon of the Boating Party by Susan Vreeland
A Lady’s Life in the Rocky Mountains by Isabella Bird
The Cat Who Covered the World by Christopher Wren
The Mapmaker’s Wife by Robert Whitaker
Mr. Darcy’s Daughters by Elizabeth Aston
100 Shades of White by Preethi Nair
A Strong West Wind by Gail Caldwell
The Bloody War, Mate by John Mantle
Signora de Vinci by Robin Maxwell
The Dairy Queen by Alison Rushby
The Secret Diary of Anne Boleyn by Robin Maxwell
*The Lady Flees Her Lord by Michele Ann Young
The Second Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares
Time Stops for No Mouse by Michael Hoeye
The Lace Makers of Glenmara by Heather Barbieri
Looking After Pigeon by Maud Carol Markson
Perfection by Julie Metz
The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman
The Pig Did It by Joseph Caldwell

On the plus side, last month I did a decent job of reviewing. I'm still behind but not nearly as behind as I was when May started. I'll take my small triumphs as they come, thank-you! (Especially since completing a reading list isn't going to happen any time soon.)

1 comment:

  1. I have a few of these in my TBR pile, so I'm looking forward to your thoughts. 17 books is great, btw!!

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts