Monday, February 2, 2009

Mailbox Monday


It's so very exciting when I actually have something to report for Mailbox Monday. And this past week, I did get a book in the mail. Even better, it was a totally unexpected goodie. The kind folks at Algonquin Books sent me a copy of Mei-Ling Hopgood's memoir Lucky Girl. Since it arrived on Saturday, I have been making my way through it, annoyed at the interruptions that have taken me away from it (Super Bowl? Who really cares about the Super Bowl?) so I'll be finished and have a review for it soon. Maybe I'll be lucky again this week and find more unexpected good reads in the mailbox. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. Aren't the unexpected books fun!!

    Here's my Mailbox! ~ wendi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by the mailbox. Sounds like you're enjoying the newest surprise already.

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts