Saturday, October 4, 2008

14 Miles and Running

Apologies to Eminem for stealing and extending his title a bit (a mere 8 miles--and yes, I know he was refering to the street since we lived off of 6 Mile, although not near downtown, when we were there).

Today was a 14 mile run. This is the first long run of taper after a high of 20 miles last Saturday. I swear I felt achier and more rickety on this one than on last week's. So I duly stopped off at the grocery store and collected my four family-sized bags of ice for my ice bath. And for some reason, even this was more horrible than last week. This week I felt serious sympathy for the folks on the Titanic. Not sure what the problem was but once I passed through the stages of the ice bath: freezing cold, actual pain, and then numbness, I got to go through the stages in reverse getting out: numbness giving way to pins and needles pain and followed by just plain freezing cold with goosebumps on top. Even better, I think my right butt cheek is still numb and frozen. Bet that's gonna hurt when it wakes up. Too bad I couldn't truly freeze my @ss off!

15 days and counting for the marathon! (Oh, and I'm a mere $70 away from raising $6000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Don't you want to be the one to put me over the top?!) http://pages.teamintraining.org/mi/nikesf08/kknox1n5c2

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts