Sunday, December 9, 2007

Decades 2008


I participated (rather unofficially) in the By the Decades reading challenge for 2007 so I thought I'd sign myself up for it again (albeit officially) for 2008 . I found a gem or two that I didn't expect over this past year and want the impetus to look closely at some older books that didn't find their way onto the new releases table at Barnes and Noble. So here's the potentials list, although as I understand the challenge, I can swap out titles at any moment. Good thing for this mood reader! And by all means, feel free to suggest your favorites to me although I've tried to choose books that I'm reading for other challenges already so I don't completely overbook myself (like usual).

1990's Skating to Antarctica by Jenny Diski or The Tooth Fairy by Graham Joyce or Medieval in LA by Jim Paul or The Autobiography of Santa Claus by Jeff Guinn
1980's Blue Highways by William Least Heat-Moon or A Not Entirely Benign Procedure by Perri Klass
1970's The Spectator Bird by Wallace Stegner
1960's The Golden Spur by Dawn Powell or Mr. Bridge by Evan Connell
1950's A Question of Upbringing by Anthony Powell or Bath Tangle by Georgette Heyer or Excellent Women by Barbara Pym
1940's The Razor’s Edge by W. Somerset Maugham or The Locust’s Have No King by Dawn Powell or The Big Rock Candy Mountain by Wallace Stegner
1930's Pomfret Towers by Angela Thirkell or Remembering Laughter by Wallace Stegner
1920's The Bride’s House by Dawn Powell or So Big by Edna Ferber or Kristin Lavransdatter by Sigrid Undset
1910's The Haunted Bookshop by Christopher Morley or Of Human Bondage by W. Somerset Maugham
1900’s The Man of Property (Forsyte Saga) by John Galsworthy or The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emmuska Orczy or Madame de Treymes by Edith Wharton or The Wings of the Dove by Henry James

1 comment:

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts