Monday, December 17, 2007

2008 TBR Challenge


Well, another challenge I've discovered that I'm going to play along with is the 2008 TBR Challenge. I generally do read from my own collection but I'm going to try and choose books for this one that I've passed over many a time so that I actually get them read. So here's the list and the 12 alternates.

1. So Big by Edna Ferber
2. Toehold by Stephen Foreman
3. The Grand Tour by Tim Moore
4. The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant
5. Blind Submission by Debra Ginsberg
6. Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
7. The Effect of Living Backwards by Heidi Julavits
8. Rex and the City by Lee Harrington
9. The Far Pavilions by M.M. Kaye
10. Excellent Women by Barbara Pym
11. There's a Slight Chance I Might Be Going to Hell by Laurie Notaro
12. Widow of the South by Robert Hicks
alternates
13. Before you Know Kindness by Chris Bohjalian
14. Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens
15. The Makioka Sisters by Junichiro Tanizake
16. Made in Detroit by Paul Clemens
17. Still Life With Chickens by Catherine Goldhammer
18. Pure Dead Batty by Debi Gliori
19. Pomfret Towers by Angela Thirkell
20. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
21. Fingersmith by Sarah Waters
22. Chasing Shakespeares by Sarah Smith
23. Dog Is My Co-Pilot by the editors of Bark
24. Blue Valentine by Alison Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts